Ways to get Involved
Suggestions on ways you, your family, or your faith-based or community-based organization can help promote adoption for children in foster care:
- Email your family, friends, neighbors, coworkers and employees to invite them to sign up to receive the monthly Explore Adoption e-newsletter.
- Hang posters featuring a child available for adoption in your buildings, lobbies, cafeterias, lounges, and other areas visible to both employees and the public. Find materials.
- Host a public adoption orientation meeting for your friends, family, members or employees in cooperation with your local community based care provider. Find your local adoption recruiter.
- If your organization provides a financial stipend or parental leave to employees who adopt, promote awareness of these benefits and refer interested employees to Explore Adoption.
- Make Explore Adoption brochures available to everyone. Download materials.
- Post a link on your Web page to the Explore Adoption website, www.adoptflorida.org, and follow @ExploreAdoption on Twitter.
- Sponsor or provide in-kind and/or monetary donations to extend the reach of Florida´s Explore Adoption initiative.
- Use your internal newsletters, newspapers, magazines or other publications to promote awareness of public adoption by featuring a child or sibling group available for adoption, running an article about the Explore Adoption initiative and/or regularly featuring the Explore Adoption logo, 1-800-96-ADOPT and www.adoptflorida.org.
- Encourage members to volunteer with your local Heart Gallery.
- Host your local Heart Gallery´s Exhibit in your building, gallery, lobby, or office. Find a heart gallery near you!
- Invite your local Heart Gallery to speak to your membership at an informational meeting. Learn about your local Heart Gallery.
- Sponsor an event promoting Explore Adoption and your local Heart Gallery.